►Mt. San Rafael Hospital No Longer Accepting Visitors
MSRH Provides Latest Local COVID-19 Update
TRINIDAD, CO – Mt. San Rafael Hospital and Clinics’ utmost concern is the health and well-being of its patients, visitors, staff, medical partners, and the communities they serve. To that end, Mt. San Rafael Hospital continues to
work diligently ensuring the community is informed and equipped with all of the latest COVID-19 information available. Las Animas County citizens are encouraged to continue monitoring the Mt. San Rafael Hospital and Las
Animas-Huerfano Counties District Health Department Facebook pages and websites, while also checking Colorado
( https://covid19.colorado.gov/ ) and national resources ( www.cdc.gov ).
Mt. San Rafael Hospital continues to work very closely with local, state, and federal authorities ensuring every precaution is being taken to protect the safety of patients and the community at large. Residents who need
medical care but would prefer not to visit the Mt. San Rafael Hospital Clinic in person, can take advantage of TeleClinic appointments. Using an internet-connected device and/or cell phone, patients can now be seen remotely. Patients should email email@example.com or call (719) 846-2206 to schedule an appointment.
►Due to the current rise in local COVID-19 cases, Mt. San Rafael Hospital and Clinics are no longer accepting visitors. Patients should expect the following:
• No visitors are allowed on the hospital/clinic campus. Exceptions will be made for pediatrics, disabled
patients requiring assistance and end of life circumstances.
• Family members and friends are encouraged to use digital devices to connect with their loved ones in the
hospital. Video chats, text messages, and telephone calls are an important way to support patients.
• Please CALL THE CLINIC or HOSPITAL BEFORE your appointment if you have a fever, cough, flu symptoms,
or if you think you may have been exposed to the new coronavirus, COVID-19.
• Patients are SCREENED AT ALL ENTRY POINTS. Patients MUST tell staff if they have, a fever, cold symptoms (cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath); flu symptoms (fever, chills, body aches, etc.).
• Patients are required to wear a clean surgical mask provided by our facilities to protect you and our staff
during your visit.
• Front lobby doors will close at 4 p.m. daily. After 4 p.m., patients may only enter through the ER.
Additionally, as a reminder, Mt. San Rafael Hospital has implemented new protocols for requesting and obtaining
Medical Records. Patients can expect the following:
• Patients are encouraged to request records using email, telephone, fax, or mail until further notice.
• Records will no longer be held for pick-up, unless absolutely necessary. Records will be released through
mail, fax or email.
• Patients unable to use these alternative methods should contact Medical Records and a Medical Records
staff member will meet them in the hospital lobby or at their vehicle to provide the appropriate paperwork.
• Patients can contact Medical Records at (719) 846-8021.
Community COVID-19 testing is available throughout October each Tuesday and Thursday, from 1pm to 3pm, at
the Las Animas County Justice Department, 2309 East Main Street in Trinidad. ALL Las Animas and Huerfano
County residents who are experiencing symptoms or would like to be tested for COVID-19 are encouraged to get
tested at the community testing site. No identification or insurance cards are required and the testing is FREE.
For more information about the response to COVID-19, please contact Kim Lucero, Director of Planning and
Development at Mt. San Rafael Hospital, at (719) 846-8053 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Colorado Eagles7 months ago
Junior Chicks Routine – Trolls World Tour
Lamar9 months ago
20 Virtual Field Trips to Take with Your Kids | Adventures in Familyhood
Trinidad9 months ago
Safeway will be offering senior shopping hours until further notice. Tuesdays an…
Canon City9 months ago
Carol Burnett still is the funniest!! This toilet paper skit