MOTOR VEHICLE INFORMATION:
Effective July 1, 2020 motor vehicle late fees will no longer be automatically waived for renewing expired license plates, per Colorado Department of Revenue.
Current physical and mailing addresses need to be correct for Motor Vehicle Registration or you will not receive a renewal card reminder in the mail. Renewal Cards Notices are not forwardable. The cards are processed and mailed from the Colorado Department of Revenue one month prior to when the stickers are due. License plates may be renewed to avoid late fees:
• A month prior to being expired
• The same month they are due
• Within the month after they were due (grace period)
If you receive mail at a PO Box and your motor vehicle record(s) do not reflect that, then you will not receive your courtesy reminder renewal card for your license plates. This is very important for the smaller communities whose towns require PO Boxes, i.e. Holly, Granada, Hartman, and Wiley. Please make sure your mailing and physical addresses are correct on your vehicle registrations.
The Motor Vehicle Renewal Cards are only courtesy reminders that are printed/mailed by the Department of Revenue. If proof of insurance is required on your vehicle there will be a “Proof of Insurance Required” statement listed right on your renewal card and you will not be able to renew those license plates until you can provide proof of insurance first.
Motor vehicle renewals can be renewed several different ways now:
• Renew on-line at: mydmv.colorado.gov with a credit/debit card
• Call the Clerk and Recorder’s Office (719-336-8011) and renew over the phone with a credit/debit card
• Send it through the mail to: Prowers County Clerk and Recorder, 301 S. Main St., Ste. 210, Lamar, CO 81052 with exact payment paid by check, cash, or money order
• Drop Box-we will keep the drop box open 24/7, so you can still drop your renewal card and payment (include your telephone number) in the Box that is located in the courthouse parking lot on the east side of the building
• All renewal registrations will be mailed to the customer.
Additional motor vehicle services on-line:
• Change a physical and/or mailing address
• Request a duplicate title
• Request a duplicate vehicle registration
• Initial registration for a new vehicle purchase if you have received a vehicle title complete card in the mail.
Question regarding Motor Vehicles:
• Prowers County Clerk and Recorder’s Office, 301 S. Main St., Ste. 210, Lamar, CO 81052
• Office hours are: M-F, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
• We can be reached at 336-8011 for license plate, renewals, and vehicle titling questions.
Prowers County Clerk and Recorder
Colorado Eagles5 months ago
Junior Chicks Routine – Trolls World Tour
Lamar6 months ago
20 Virtual Field Trips to Take with Your Kids | Adventures in Familyhood
Trinidad6 months ago
Safeway will be offering senior shopping hours until further notice. Tuesdays an…
Canon City6 months ago
Carol Burnett still is the funniest!! This toilet paper skit