FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 19, 2020
Contact: Kim Gonzales, Public Health Director
Huerfano County Reports Fourth Confirmed Case of COVID-19
Huerfano County, CO – Las Animas Huerfano Counties District Health Department has received confirmation that a Huerfano County resident has tested positive for Coronavirus Disease/COVID-19. This is the fourth confirmed case of a resident currently within the county.
The positive COVID case is a 76 year old male who is recovering at home. The Las Animas Huerfano Counties District Health Department public health nurse has begun a contact investigation to determine if there were any additional exposures.
Public health consistently investigates disease outbreaks and will continue to do so, but what is important during this pandemic is that we all stay home and stay safe. No further details about this case will be shared to protect patient privacy.
The health department is looking out for the health and safety of our community and we are tracing all contacts of the individual. We would like to remind everyone that there is an Executive Order D20-044 and Public Health Order 20-28, Safer At Home as well as the Local Public Health Order 20-06 in place.
How do people become infected with COVID 19?
Human coronaviruses most commonly spread from an infected person to others through:
• Coughing and sneezing;
• Close personal contact, such as touching or shaking hands;
• Touching an object or surface with the virus on it, then touching your mouth, nose, or eyes before washing your hands; and
• Rarely, fecal contamination.
In some cases, infected persons may not show symptoms or may have only mild symptoms. Learn more about the spread of this coronavirus that is causing COVID-19 on the CDC website.
How can I avoid infection with COVID-19?
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol, if soap and water are not available.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Wear a mask when out to protect yourself and others
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
More information can be found at: https://www.colorado.gov/la-h-health
or at https://covid19.colorado.gov/. You can also find information on Facebook at Las Animas Huerfano Counties District Health Department.
Colorado Eagles5 months ago
Junior Chicks Routine – Trolls World Tour
Lamar7 months ago
20 Virtual Field Trips to Take with Your Kids | Adventures in Familyhood
Trinidad7 months ago
Safeway will be offering senior shopping hours until further notice. Tuesdays an…
Canon City6 months ago
Carol Burnett still is the funniest!! This toilet paper skit