With COVID-19 gripping our state, more and more Idahoans are investing in recreational vehicles to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and enjoying our state's great outdoor opportunities while praticing social distancing.
Each year, fires in them cause deaths, injuries, and millions of dollars in damages. Fires can start in the kitchen. They can start in the engine area. Sometimes the fires are electrical. With a few simple safety tips you can help prevent these fires from happening.
• Install smoke alarms. Make sure they work.
• Stay in the kitchen while you cook. Keep anything that can catch fire away from the stovetop.
• Only use one heat-producing appliance plugged into a receptacle outlet at a time. Major appliances should be plugged directly into a wall receptacle outlet.
• Refrigerators, furnaces, ovens and stovetops use propane. Check them for leaks. Keep an updated gas leak detector on board.
• Have your propane system inspected to make sure it still works properly.
• Know two ways out. Make sure windows open easily.
• Have everyone practice the home fire escape plan.
• Do not keep camping heaters and lanterns on while sleeping.
• Before setting up a campfire, make sure it is allowed.
• If campfires are allowed, they need to be at least 25 feet away from anything that can burn.
• Have your vehicle serviced by a qualified mechanic.
• Keep a portable fire extinguisher on board. Only adults who know how to operate it should use it. Only use it if the fire is small and can be contained. Make sure everyone else is leaving. Make sure someone is calling the fire department.
CARBON MONOXIDE AWARENESS
Carbon monoxide (CO) is a gas. You cannot see it. You cannot taste it. You cannot smell it. CO poisoning can result from leaks in the exhaust. It can happen because of improper use of appliances. Sometimes CO comes from another vehicle. Make sure you have a working CO alarm.
Colorado Eagles5 months ago
Junior Chicks Routine – Trolls World Tour
Lamar6 months ago
20 Virtual Field Trips to Take with Your Kids | Adventures in Familyhood
Trinidad6 months ago
Safeway will be offering senior shopping hours until further notice. Tuesdays an…
Canon City6 months ago
Carol Burnett still is the funniest!! This toilet paper skit