City of Trinidad Water Restrictions
RESOLUTION NO. 1574
A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF
TRINIDAD, COLORADO, IMPOSING LEVEL 2 WATER
WHEREAS, Resolution No. 1518, adopted July 3, 2018, set forth three levels of water restrictions based upon the severity of drought and/or the scarcity of water; and
WHEREAS, the Front Range region of Colorado, including the City of Trinidad and surrounding areas, is currently experiencing drought conditions; and
WHEREAS, Trinidad must use its valuable water resources in a prudent manner; and
WHEREAS, in the case of water shortage, scarcity or for the purpose of water conservation, the City Council can place restrictions upon the use of water for irrigation, sprinkling or other outdoor purposes; and
WHEREAS, the City of Trinidad must conserve water to meet the needs of its current population and its other commitments; and
WHEREAS, the City of Trinidad abides by priority of water uses in Colorado State Water Law, wherein the highest priority use is in-house residential uses, then industrial uses, then agricultural uses, then recreational uses; and
WHEREAS, if there is insufficient water to serve users within and without the corporate limits, the City may reduce, curtail or shut off the users outside the corporate limits during such period of water shortage or scarcity or for water conservation
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED BY THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF TRINIDAD, COLORADO, that:
A. LEVEL 2:
Customers may water lawns and other vegetation on a restricted schedule as follows: Addresses ending in an even number are allowed to water on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, except during the hours of 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Addresses ending in an odd number are allowed to water on
Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, except during the hours of 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Other restrictions as instituted in Resolution 1518 will be in effect as identified
1. Restrictions for institutional users and sod and seed permits will be in effect within the discretion of the Water Utility Director. Notice will be provided to institutional users regarding such use.
2. Sprinklers shall be set so that water does not fall on hard surfaces such as sidewalks or driveways. Sprinklers shall not be in operation during those times in which no one is at home. Over-watering, which is when water runs off of the property onto the street, is prohibited.
3. Washing vehicles at home must be done with a bucket and a quick shut-off type nozzle at the end of the hose.
4. Water shall not be used to wash down driveways and sidewalks without the express permission of the Water Utility Director.
5. The Water Utility Director is directed to promulgate rules and regulations regarding dispensing stations. The rules and regulations shall set forth, at a minimum, notice provisions and procedures regarding quantity limitations and rates and charges.
6. The Water Utility Director is directed to promulgate rules and regulations regarding the transfer of extra-territorial water taps. The rules shall set forth at a minimum, procedures regarding: 1) tap sizes; b) commercial and residential use; c) water conservation practices; d) limitations on uses; e) the
size of the taps, and f) engineering requirements. Until such rules and regulations are promulgated, there shall be a moratorium on changes in water tap size for extra-territorial water taps.
7. No additional or new rural or extra-territorial water taps shall be granted or authorized.
8. All extra-territorial water customers, including but not limited to, water associations, homeowners associations, and individuals, shall be encouraged to reduce water consumption and implement water conservation practices.
9. If at some point in the future, City Council determines that such water restrictions should be more restrictive than the levels set forth above, it may be motion modify these restrictions.
10. This resolution shall supersede previously adopted resolutions concerning water restrictions.
INTRODUCED, READ AND ADOPTED this 18 th day of August 2020.
/s/PHILLIP T. RICO, Mayor
/s/AUDRA GARRETT, City Clerk
Colorado Eagles7 months ago
Junior Chicks Routine – Trolls World Tour
Lamar9 months ago
20 Virtual Field Trips to Take with Your Kids | Adventures in Familyhood
Trinidad9 months ago
Safeway will be offering senior shopping hours until further notice. Tuesdays an…
Canon City9 months ago
Carol Burnett still is the funniest!! This toilet paper skit